While looking through some old folders in my email inbox, I cleared two thousand emails from my 'work' folder.
Yup, that's right. Two thousand.
If I choose to look at the bright side, I am grateful for the job through which I learned a hell of a lot about the real world, how to get along with all sorts of people diplomatically, met amazing colleagues who became friends and gained immense respect for at least two clients.
If I choose to be realistic about it, the job was hell. Sure it had its perks and the pay was great, but anything that makes you want to not get out of bed in the morning and want to have a drink by noon, is not a good thing in the long run.
So as I head toward a career change away from being the 'yes' person, here's my wish list for whatever I work at next:
- I won't receive more than ten emails a day. More importantly, I won't have to answer them within five seconds of receiving them in order to appear to be 'on the job'.
- I can leave work at a decent hour and not get stared at on the way to the door (I swear to God this actually happened every single time I left before six o'clock!).
- I will have a Monday to Friday job that actually entails not working on Saturdays from home.
- Lying about what is possible to do will be an anomaly, not a part of the job description.
- Most importantly, I won't have to smile all the time when talking to idiots.
Here's to the dream job!
2 comments:
You forgot the beers. There must be beers.
Ok. Belgian beer, good wine and an exceptionally made Long Island Iced Tea are optional. :)
Post a Comment