Yesterday I received a ridiculous email from an old friend which made me laugh out loud. It was filled with nonsense that had a rich sense of tradition, i.e. we had been carrying on with the same fictional characters and story lines for the last three and a half years.
The point is this - there are some things that are worth hanging on to.
Old friends that make you laugh with stupid emails is one of them.
The people that resemble the spawn of Satan are not.
I made some bad character judgements and terrible decisions over the last couple of years. Today I took the time to really think about them and it was hard.
And then I let it go.
I have no doubt that there will be moments when I will come across a picture, an email, or have a conversation that gets me annoyed and wonder, 'How on earth....??!!!'. But I spent the better part of a year working hard on getting my physical health in order. So it's not too high a price to pay to do the same for some mental peace and quiet, and rid myself of the self-recriminations, the effort it takes to not forgive the sorry bastards that we are all blessed with.
With three days left of this year, I have no intention of making any New Year's resolutions for 2010.
Except to be as happy as possible without being annoyingly chirpy about it (I hate those kind of people), while I continue to put one cautious foot in front of the other.
No comments:
Post a Comment