Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Something's Off

Last night, a man I'd just met told me that I was lovely.

I'd like to think the traditional answer to that would've been 'Thank you'. Instead, before I could help myself I said, 'Yeah! I've heard that before!' before clamping a hand over my mouth to curb the flow of any more cynicisms.

And as another in a (thankfully!) relatively short line of as***** boyfriends walks down the aisle, I think, 'Whew, sidestepped another potential landmine'. I hear other women talk with regret about the 'One that got away' and wonder what that must feel like. All I have as a frame of reference are the ones that I'm really happy are far, far away from me.

Yup, something is definitely off.



2 comments:

Vedashree Khambete-Sharma said...

Aww, come ON! I'd think something was off if you REGRETTED letting that one get away!

PV said...

Not even a little bit! :) I'm lamenting my affinity for the freaks!