Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Eureka

You know the people that have always known exactly what they wanted to do with their lives? The ones that had purpose and direction and unwavering belief that they were meant for a certain profession?

I'm not one of those people.

I was meant to be a doctor. Then a journalist. Then a social worker perhaps (insert laughter here), or a PR person... my career seemed to be assuming the direction of endless dabbling. And I was really okay with this, given the rationale that the more things I try my hand at and end up hating, the easier it would be to arrive at the thing I really wanted to do.
Simple process of elimination.

Which is why it was such an absolute joy to have worked at something that I enjoyed every minute of for the last three months. Now, it's true that I didn't get paid for it and that some of the work also involved drone stuff (read data inputting), but these are minor details. In the grand scheme of things, there is the possibility I have found the exact job profile that I would be happy to do for the rest of my life. And by that I mean the next five years at least!

Yay to me.

3 comments:

Nimisha said...

Congratulations, I'm so happy to hear that!

Mr. Kang said...

yay :)

Unknown said...

Oh I wish I could say the same for myself!!