Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Cancer Chronicles

It seems to be the season of recurrence and death.

You can pray hard for things to not happen.
You can believe in the power of 'good', and that 13 year olds don't die when there's still so much of life that they haven't seen or done.

And yet, my pint-sized hero, older and wiser and calmer than any adult in his situation is dead.

When recurrence and death do occur, the rationalisation process begins.
I can imagine he's in a better place, no longer suffering etc etc; because really, what else is left than to explain it any which way I can?
Unfortunately, whether I can comprehend what happened or not doesn't change the fact that a little boy died, a family lost their only child and the rest of us feel guilty and grateful for still breathing.

1 comment:

Randhir Vieira said...

We admire his courage but wonder why he this had to happen to someone so young.