Sunday, November 15, 2009

Siblings

I sat with you for talk about shoes
I sat with him for talks about boys
I sat with the other him, for words in dictionaries that he would not explain to me
and with all of you, I felt such love.

I drank Old Monk and Grey Goose,
with equal ease and equal grace,
our old table of memories and stylish tables of novelty,
they seemed the same in the company,
did you notice it?

I held hands with all of you,
fell asleep lying next to you,
I cried for love of you,
when you were long gone and went your own way.

When I close my eyes,
I remember the room we were in,
The air we shared,
the laughter ringing off the walls.

I talk to you,
I talk to them,
And your voices make me happy,
wherever I am.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely Brilliant!