My morning routine usually follows this pattern:
Get up, walk to the front of the house, collect newspaper, skim headlines, make sure that the world is still going to hell in a hand basket, carry on with other morning activities.
The necessary ingredients in the newspaper are always present.
Murder- check
Rape - check
Corrupt Politician-check
Sania Mirza loses a match - check
And so it goes on...
But there are some mornings which just take you by complete surprise, even when you are as fairly cynical about life in general as I have become. Thankfully, I have only had the misfortune to come across one particularly crazy individual who dated three women at the same time. Not just had a drink, flirted, made a few calls; but actually had three functional relationships during the same time period. Now despite all the possible excuses of 'I work in advertising', 'My mother is dying', 'I had a bad childhood', 'My parents got divorced', 'I have no friends' etc etc, I somehow imagined that this was really as bad as it got!
But then, I woke up this morning and read this lovely article in The Times of India. I was in absolute awe! Despite everything else and all the moral implications of his actions, you have to admire the sheer genius of juggling 14 wives at the same time! And that too, on a mere Rs 70,000 per month salary. While the rest of us struggle to keep one life above water and in some semblance of sanity, this guy led 14 completely independent lives! Before he is jailed for bigamy (is it still bigamy when it's more than two?) and deceit and marrying women under false pretences, I think someone should give him a prize!
This is what I love about life. Just when you think nothing could surprise you, it does!
2 comments:
'Polygamy'
And I need to meet his financial planner. Like NOW.
Haha, thanks! As always, useful comments and feedback.. :) Let me know how that meeting goes!
Post a Comment