You'd think the end of something that you invested time, effort and money into would matter to you. Just a little bit.
But strangely enough, it doesn't. It's another day. And really, things are just fine as they are.
No, actually they're better! Because I'm minus some really despicable excess baggage, with a whole new load of self esteem and worth, and the realisation that I really am quite lovely.
My definition for being 'a good person' has reverted to what it used to be - not the ones that help the poor and donate to the church, but people who do exactly what they please, and don't pretend to be something they're not. I like people that take a bribe and make no excuses for it, or people that sleep around and don't apologise for not having a devoted, committed relationship. Not that I condone what they do, but I like the honesty that comes with it.
Pretence; that's just evil walking around in a person.
So, in view of the fact that I'm devoid of any life-threatening illnesses, have a great circle of family (thanks Mum for having all four of us!) and friends, and an incredible year ahead of me in the home of the English accent - I'm going to have a hell of a time!
And of course, make no apologies for it.
No comments:
Post a Comment