There are women in this world who have particularly annoying voices.
You know the kind - screechy, loud, grating on the nerves.
I'm sure they're lovely people when you get to know them, but I don't care to. Especially since several of this variety seem to be packed into one tiny space, that is the women's first class compartment on the Panvel local train to Andheri.
I can't miss this train, because if I do, it means changing two trains in order to get to work and I am nothing if not practical (= lazy) when it comes to public transport.
So the only option I have is to be squished up against four other women, all of who insist on narrating, re-telling, discussing and in one case, re-enacting (I kid you not) the most mundane and boring episodes of their lives, which in all probability they had discussed the day before...when I was also an unfortunate audience.
Ear plugs.
I need ear plugs.
1 comment:
A few things...
- They are not lovely people.
- Every train has this group.
- You missed out 'singing outdated obscure Hindi songs that I can't even mentally join in'
- Chances are they're talking about what a bitch you are. My group always is. Apparently I don't look like someone who knows Hindi/Marathi/English
Post a Comment