Monday, March 30, 2009

The Small Suitcase

Travelling alone calls for minimal baggage. You have to account for the fact that your brother/friend/boyfriend/father will not be helping you with your three bags stuffed to the heavens with unnecessary clothes, shoes and accessories .

So... one pair of jeans, one pair of black formal pants, 5 T-shirts, 3 'nice' tops, underwear.
1 silver chain, 3 rings, 2 pairs of earrings. Lounging slippers (1), all-purpose high heels (1), walking around functional sneakers (1), One BIG handbag, Make-up Bag, Toiletries.

There.

But I bought these awesome jeans that are just dying to be worn... so maybe I'll make that 2 pairs of jeans. And it may be cold, so I'll take a couple of sweaters along with the T-shirts. The sweaters need different jewellery, so I'll take a couple more chains and some nice dangly earrings. But the sweaters and jewellery won't match my shoes, so I'll have to take the sling-back heels as well. I should christen those my all-purpose heels...

Maybe I won't have the time to do any laundry for a bit, so my jeans and the other pants will be dirty and I'll have nothing to wear; I'll take a skirt as well... OK, two. But I'll have to wear different shoes with the skirt so I'll have to take my boots. And if I'm taking the boots then I have to take some tops that match them... so make that 5 'nice' tops (Note to self: Buy opaque tights to wear with the skirt and boots)

A coat! I must take a coat! Maybe two... one for the day and one in case I go some place fancy. And a couple of stoles and shawls... just in case it's too warm for a coat but still cold enough to want to cover myself. Maybe I should take one more bag... you know, a little fancy one when I can't take the big one everywhere. But the little one is brown, and brown doesn't go with everything so I'll need to take the red one too...but that's it, just 3 handbags!

Done.

Well, I'm quite proud of myself I must admit! I didn't add a single thing to either the make-up bag or the underwear list.

But maybe I'll take the slightly bigger suitcase after all...

2 comments:

M said...

Couldn't stop laughing away at this one! That's so much like me. Stumbled up on your blog by sheer accident. How goes babe?

PV said...

All well thanks!